Re: [OM] OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:00:58 +0100
At 17:20 13.12.02, Jim Timpe wrote:
Scored a fang for a friend last weekend.  Visiting one of my favorite pawn
shops (more from a social standpoint than anything else... they employ a
Rottweiler and a standard Poodle roaming the store as 'security', and I'm a
bit of a dog lover), and saw a fairly large piece of glass staring up at me
from the display case.  It was a C*non 200mm F2.8 lens... and the tag said
'125'.   I did my usual scrutinizing, and said I'd offer one hundred even
for it.  She agreed.

I picked up a <drom roll, please> C*non 24/1.4 for ~300USD today. I've not decided what to do with it, but the price was certainly right. I may revenge some of the big white Zuikos that were converted to other lens mounts, or just sell it and put the profit into more Zuikos. No clunky C*non cameras for me. For starters I'll just make an adapter to use it on a simple shutterless 6x6 camera. It should be even better for northers lights than my good ol' Zuiko 21/2.0.
Sorry, just had to share this...

Thomas