Re: [OM] Vuescan

Subject: Re: [OM] Vuescan
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 08:58:44 -0800
Well, I am starting, after 2+ years of use, to come around to liking
Vuescan.  I have been forced to use it more because festering Canon
refuse to make a Photoshop plugin for their FS4000 for OSX :-(.  But
Vuescan works really quite well with it:

1.  It works with OSX
2.  Its files destination works with OSX
3.  It can batch scan at an unsupported (by Elements 2) colour depth
without asking permission to convert it to a different depth.
4.  It tells you exactly what you are waiting for.
5.  It is more stable than the OS9 plugin for Photoshop in that it
does not run out of memory after you have left it to scan!

And, Ed Hamrick revises the application more often than I can keep up with...

Chris
--
?

I just made the plunge into OS X and also opted for VueScan to run my
year old Epson flatbed for which which neither Apple nor Epson has a
driver.  Nicely Polaroid keeps up.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California