[OM] 1/focal length, flash dilemma/question

Subject: [OM] 1/focal length, flash dilemma/question
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 21:23:13 +0800
Ok, I understand that the standard recommendation is not to drop below 1/focal length. What if my lens is a 90mm and I'm using a flash, and the sync is only 1/60th? (like on my OM1n)?

I'm not sure how the flash sync works; but if the flash is only 1/500th let's say, am I basically shooting at that shutter speed due to flash exposure time length?

Someone tell me what's the best setup for portrait photography when the lighting requires a flash, and I'm using a 90mm lens.

Thanks!

Albert