Re: Fw: [OM] OM vs. Leica

Subject: Re: Fw: [OM] OM vs. Leica
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:54:54 -0500
In a message dated 12/12/2002 1:19:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> , there was one quick shot
> of the men who raised the second flag standing around the
> base of the pole after it was raised.

This is my understanding as well. What I have read is that after the film was
processed,and before the photographer saw the images, he was asked "Was the
photo posed?" The person asking the question was referring to the photo we are
so familiar with, but the photographer thought he was referring to the posed
shot, which he thought was the "money" shot. The photographer answered, "Yes,
it was" And presumably that's why word was spread that the famous photo was
posed.

Paul Schings