Re: [OM] Fake *Bay Scam

Subject: Re: [OM] Fake *Bay Scam
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:17:56 -0700
At 12:25 AM 12/12/2002 -0500, Rich wrote:
Courtesy of Fool.com: "A fake website imitating *Bay has been shut down. Scam artists apparently sent emails asking victims to log on to *bayupdates.com and re-enter credit card information. No word on how much info the credit thieves collected, if any."

I received one of those emails... beware.

Actually, I received one, too, but *not* from "*bayupdates.com"; rather, from a domain registered in the Christmas Islands. This was last night. I've shipped a copy of the offending e-mail off to ePay itself. (Bloody inconvenient -- you can't contact 'em by e-mail anymore, but have to go spelunking through craploads of Web pages until you find the right one...).

I just checked the site for the fraudulent page, and it's still up and running.

Garth