Re: [OM] Versions of the Auto Bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Versions of the Auto Bellows
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:05:31 +0100
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:00:04 -0000
Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While the topic of an OM book is being discussed again, perhaps I
> could ask for some information to add to my OM macro Web site (and
> the book if it ever happens).
>
> According to some of the existing books, there are 2 versions of
> the lens mount board.  One has on its inner surface, matt black,
> parallel grooves - I have this one.  The other version is supposed
> to have a thread for a Series VII filter, which would allow a
> filter or shallow hood to be used when the lens mount is reversed -
> has anyone seen this version?

I have to check that when I come home....The bellows is, probably, my
least used piece of OM equipment :(

> Again according to existing books, there are 2 versions of the
> rail.  One has x1 and x1.5 markings for 50mm and 80mm lenses - I
> have this one.  The other version is supposed to also have "80mm
> AUTO" markings - has anyone seen this version?

I know for a fact that I have seen it, I think. I recall having two
bellows for a little while, and noticed that theu were having
different markings. I sold off one (off-list), but I was not paying
attention to which since I did never use the markings for anything.

Still, I can confirm that two different rails exist, although I
cannot confirm what the markings are.

> Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> Alan Wood
> http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide