Re: [OM] gator shooting discussion in Chicago

Subject: Re: [OM] gator shooting discussion in Chicago
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:05:18 EST
In a message dated 12/10/2002 9:18:30 PM Central Standard Time,
garyetx@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Bill, he showed me your pictures.  As one Texas gator-shooter to another, my
> hat's off to you.  It never occurred to me to chum with my big toe to draw
> the gator within Zuiko 16 mm range. . .

This one really wasn't that big. I guess 6 or 7 feet long.  The thing that
made it interesting was that she was a momma gator with 7 or 8 little ones
hanging around her. In fact what originally had me interested in her was a
couple of the little ones that were sitting on her head sunning themselves.
There are really some big ones in this park.  This was not one of them.  I
know ours gators aren't as big as the crocks from down under, but they are
all the same big dang lizards.  If you ever get down this way let me know and
we will take a run out there.  I planning a trip for a bunch of Zuiko heads
in 2004 and this is one of the places we will go.  Bill Barber