Re: [OM] Re: What's your standard setup?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: What's your standard setup?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:16:17 +0100
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:27:20 -0000
"CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Hmm...horrible, I dunno. It is not as smooth as my 24/2, but it is on
the other hand much better than some brand-lenses for
some-other-series-of-cameras, which the list admin will not let me
talk about here.... :)

I just tried mine, and it does not feel that bad, actually. I would
be tempted to guess that you might have gotten less-than-perfect
samples, except that you said that yours is mint?

> It feels as though the aperture ring is
> full of grit and in need of a generous squirt of WD40.

Yeah, try that, and tell us how that works out...on second thought,
perhaps you better not...:)

>  As all
> three samples exhibited this characteristic, I surmise that this is
> normal for the 35-105mm Zuiko.

I think that mine does not have this characteristic. However since I
am in love with this lens, I may not be objective.

Hey, if you are anywhere near London in the UK, then I'll bring it
next time I go there such that you can try - deal?

--thomas