Re: [OM] Photo of the week is an OM shot

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo of the week is an OM shot
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 11:38:40 -0800
Johnny wrote:

Yeah, and if you read far enough down in the comments the
photographer says that it's a shot of a dummy (possibly wax) plus
heavy editing in Photoshop.  Now, does that take away any of the
"feeling" from the image?  I guess that's up to each individual to
decide.
<<

I also saw these comments, but still believe the photograph, itself, is very good. The photograph begs the viewer for forgiveness, pity, etc. regardless of the reason the subject is condemned in the first place.

On the other hand (and probably contradicting myself here), the author had to manipulate the photo (i.e. Photoshop et al) to bring out the desired result. I think I have more feeling about digitally manipulating a photograph (subject) to produce the desired result than what the author is trying to portray. My 0.02 USD, again.

John Cwiklinski