Re: [OM] OT: Medium format RF question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Medium format RF question
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:46:38 -0500
> Mamiya 7, Fuji GW670III?  And why?

I have a Fuji GSW690III, and I love it. There's nothing like 6x9, which, as
someone else pointed out, crops to a nice panoramic effect, if that's what
you want, and, full-frame, makes a hell of an enlargement. The Fuji's glass
is about as good as glass can get. Shoot directly into the sun and flare is
minimal to non-existent. Personally, I like the all-mechanical aspect,
especially during the depths of a Maine winter. Nothing to go wrong. I use
my trusty Pentax spotmeter, which lives in my parka pocket, and bracket with
chromes. Seldom fail to get the shot I was after. Having a fixed lens also
helps with composition. I don't spend a lot of time agonizing over which
lens to use. Shoe-leather zooms are highly underrated. <g>

I've never used a Mamiya 7, but as I recall the investment will be quite a
bit more. If you want and need interchangeable glass and price is no object
. . .

--Bob Whitmire