Re: Re: [OM] HELP ! Zuiko Lenses, reversing for Macro, and Digital ..

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] HELP ! Zuiko Lenses, reversing for Macro, and Digital ...
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:45:46 -0400
> My main concern about hanging a Zuiko (glass & metal) lens on the front of
> typical digital (plastic & maybe a little glass) camera would be the
mechanical
> problems experienced by the digital's lens focussing and zooming
mechanisms.
> Think of those tiny motors and plastic bearing surfaces with a heavy chunk
of
> metal and glass hanging on the end.  What is this going to do for the life
of the
> digital camera ?
>

> Wayne Harridge

The Olympus C series I've been looking at have a sort of an (optional)
housing, that is independent of the lens, that is screwed onto the camera
for attaching filters, or something like this setup. Any movement of the
digital lens would be completely unaffected by attachements or weight to the
filter ring.
Wayne