Re: [OM] shooting at f1.2 or f1.0

Subject: Re: [OM] shooting at f1.2 or f1.0
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:43:05 -0500
That actually looks much nicer, the bokeh is smoother.  When I saw the
first picture, the bokeh in the orange flowers literally JUMPED OUT at me.
But this image is much, much smoother.

You might want to try sharpening only the girl by using a layer mask.

I've been hunting for some Noctilux examples to compare against.  The bit
thing that many people like is the smooth, relativly even out-of-focus
areas of that lens.  Look at these:

http://www.shinozuka-family.com/f1/  (images #1, #6, #7)  The background
seems to just blur out of existance in most of these.

http://www.vothphoto.com/spotlight/reviews/noctilux.htm  A nice review and
a few photos.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/lenses/noctilux.shtml  One very
nice picture with the man and woman showing nice smooth bokeh.

http://www.alaska.net/~rowlett/images/noctilux/andyneck.htm

http://w2.avis.ne.jp/~camel/portrait_05.htm  COOL!
http://w2.avis.ne.jp/~camel/room2-30.htm
http://w2.avis.ne.jp/~camel/room2-29.htm