Re: [OM] What's your standard setup

Subject: Re: [OM] What's your standard setup
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:44:29 EST
In a message dated 12/4/2002 1:02:39 AM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> My grab and go is an OM2S with
> 35/2.8 (silvernosed of course).

I like your choice of camera bodies.  Some have accused me of having a sick
mind and my mental vision of AG schnozz is a guy with an Olympus OM in his
hand and a little silver colored nose protector strapped to his face.  Those
people may be right.

Until now, I've stayed out of this conversation mainly because my light kit
(the one in my SUV with a bath towel draped over it) changes from time to
time depending on what I anticipate using or in which I have an interest in
becoming more familiar.  Some of the standards are extra batteries, film,
lens cleaning gear, rubber bands, small notebook, model release forms,
lighted magnifying glass, large clips, pen, small level, small table top
tripod, clean handkerchief . . .  Now for the working end of things.  An OM
2S and 35-105mm Zuiko.  Beyond that what will most often appear is a T-20
flash, 90mm f2.5 Tamron, extension tubes, one of the super wide angles (17mm
Tamron, 18mm Zuiko or 21mm F2 Zuiko) and perhaps something a little longer
than the 35-105.  All the lens will have lens hoods. My usual filter kit
includes a circular polarizer, Softar 1 & graduated neutral density.  This
all fits into one of the smaller Tamrac shoulder bags.  If I was pressed to
have an absolute minimalist kit, it would probably include the Tamron
60-300mm on an OM 2S with the 28-48mm Zuiko in my pocket.  If pressed to be
as unobtrusive as possible, which is difficult for a 6'4'' 240 lb guy with a
camera to do, it would probably be an OM 2S with the 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 close
focus Zuiko.  Bill Barber