Re: [OM] Possible sacrilege and blasphemy

Subject: Re: [OM] Possible sacrilege and blasphemy
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:30:15 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moose wrote:

>Welcome to the club. It is just as you say, the Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 is
>an amazing performing lens, and the price (other than $ :-) ) is size
>and weight.

Both Moose and Wayne have remarked on the cost of this lens.  Of course,
that?s a relative thing.  I?m sure to Bill Gates a Hasselblad of each color
wouldn?t be a big deal.  But I got the thing off the Bay for $320, plus $10
shipping, and even after the $100 dusting and zoom creep fix, I?m still
well ahead of the $500-650 range listed in McBroom?s Camera Bluebook for
one in this condition.  I wouldn?t have paid that much, though.  As I
recall, I set a snipe for $333.33 and felt like I got a pretty good deal,
not a real Fang, but a Fangette maybe, or at least a faux Fang.

Walt