[OM] great idea, but I thought of it first

Subject: [OM] great idea, but I thought of it first
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:34:49 -0600
"If such a camera existed, I would almost certainly be taking that on trips
instead of an OM....

Your thoughts?
Albert"

But seriously, Albert...
I've got one. I traveled to Florence in Nov. 01 with it, and the 45 and 90,
and nothing else. a bit of a mistake there, as I still needed something
wider and not longer.

In June 02, I took the Xpan, 45, 90, and an OM4 with 28-48 and 21/2 to
Lisbon and Barcelona. Much better deal. I used the OM and the 28-48 about
600f the time. The 21, had I had it in Florence, would have been
invaluable, but didn't need it in June.

Now, I have the 30 for the Xpan, and would again travel with it alone.
Although speed is a problem with the 30, it can be used without the center
filter in the standard format.

The Xpan is a remarkable camera, with but a couple of minor faults. It is as
remarkable and groundbreaking as the OM1, without the recognition.

Bill Pearce