Re: [OM] Digital and Wide Angles

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital and Wide Angles
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:09:19 +0100
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 08:35:18AM -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> That is not the way I read it.  His point is that color aberration is
> a quality of wide angle lenses, not the sensor.  Anyone have
> experience the OM 18mm with high contrast subjects? Is there color
> aberration at the edges?

Yes, there is. It is a lens and so it has color abberation.
It is not a theoretical perfect physical simplification.

The question is only how much it has. Does it cause a remarkable
decrease in image quality  or not. It seems that the demands of
digital and analog sensor technology differ in this case.

The 3.5/18 Zuik is a very good extreme wide angel lens for 35mm
film, and I think other abberations are more critical for
this lens.
But you will find color abberations, when you look close enough *g*
- at any lens!

Frieder Faig