Re: [OM] Pacific Image PrimeFilm Film Scanner-opinions

Subject: Re: [OM] Pacific Image PrimeFilm Film Scanner-opinions
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 13:21:59 -0400

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2075713084
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2075550829

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/CordilleraBlanca/

>mike

Thanks Mike.
Your scans look fine to me, much better than anything I could achieve from
the flatbeds with 35mm adapter I tried.
I also found this site where he reviews the S20, and compares it with HP's
previous version which you have.
http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/s20.html
He did think there were some improvements, but as you said, was a little
slower with USB than with the skuzy card.
He also gives scans that compares it to a couple of the Nikon scanners, and
some very interesting comments on this on his site.
Most sellers of used units won't ship to Canada, and I see some selling new
S20's on epay that want as much as $79 to ship to Canada. So I'll probably
go for a new one from B&H, if I can't find a retailer on this side of the
border. B&H has it at the same as the BIN's on the auction site, and I
suspect at better shipping prices, and a lot more piece of mind.
Wayne