Re: [OM] off topic .. need advice on Netscape 6

Subject: Re: [OM] off topic .. need advice on Netscape 6
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 00:15:21 -0800
Just my $.02 USD -

I downloaded Mozilla about two months ago, after reading a post on-list about it. I love it. It transferred all my Netscape files automatically, I can read newsgroups, and the email is seamless. What's even better is that encrypted sites like my bank's webpage work with Mozilla, and it doesn't crash like Netscape does. I'm running it on MAC OS 9.0.2 and love it - I plan to put it on my Windoze box as well.
- Andrea

I had the exact opposite experience. I have never run a version of Mozilla up to the current one that did not bring down my whole computer as it crashed. Netscape 7 is working fine so far. 3 days and not a crash. I just wish it was more compatible with URL Manager Pro and as configurable as iCab which, though it had problems with some page layouts, could zap the pop up ads.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California