RE: [OM] message for CH Ling (OT)

Subject: RE: [OM] message for CH Ling (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:38:33 +1100
> John Wheeler [mailto:wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> The business closed around 1982 when the government banned
> the practice (cut and shut steering arms snapping in two etc).

FWIW...

I believe for the last couple-to-few years the Mustang has been
officially imported by Ford Australia, and re-engineered by
their performance division, Tickford, to RHD-spec (as well as
some slight performance enhancements).

I understand they weren't a big seller, and, no doubt in conjunction
with the release of the new BA Falcon, Ford's reorganisation
of Tickford (now known as Ford Performance Vehicles), and the
current concentration of FPV on the new BA Falcon and thus the
FPV GT, they will no longer be imported by Ford (though no doubt
"grey market" new Mustangs will still be available). I could
be wrong...I was brought up a Holden Man, so in recent years and
up until the BA, I was more interested in the Monaro.

Personally, of all the Mustangs, I'd rather a late mid-60's
convertible, warts and all, but my dream restorer's (huh! as if
I've the room or the skills!) car is a 1970 Jensen Interceptor FF II
(made by the British, designed by the Italians, powered by the
Americans).

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz