RE: [OM] message for CH Ling

Subject: RE: [OM] message for CH Ling
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:51:39 +1100
Now, hold the phone! I seem to remember the auto shop next to our little
engineering business in Dee Why (Sydney's Northern Beaches) converting quite
a few Mustangs from LH drive to RH. That was in the late seventies/early
eighties and I think the boss of the business told me that it was the only
way to get one on an Oz road (unless the owner was prepared to have a sign
on the back reading 'Left Hand Drive'). He also converted Lincoln
Continental Mk IV's and the odd Corvette.

The business closed around 1982 when the government banned the practice (cut
and shut steering arms snapping in two etc).

John.

Come now ............. Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, India,
Pakistan, Bangladesh, Australia, New Zealand, UK  all drive on the left hand
side of the road and that adds up to close on two billion people give or
take a shake! I'm sure that there are a few more right hand drive red
Mustangs around than the one CH found that day.

jh