Re: [OM] Looking at digital

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking at digital
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:07:00 -0700
At 05:30 PM 11/28/2002 -0400, Wayne Culberson wrote:
>I was at a camera store this afternoon where I could look at some of the
>current digital offerings. The salesman was leaning toward the N*kon Coolp*x
>4500, but the one that got my attention was the Olympus C5050. Does anyone
>here have one of these, or have experience with one, that could give a few
>coments good or bad?

Can't comment on the C5050, but when I was travelling New Mexico, my buddy had
a Nikon Coolpix 5700, and the damn thing wouldn't autofocus.  Kept hunting for
the target, causing much missing of shots and cursing of Nikon.  If the Coolpix
4500 has similar internal guts, I'd stay away from it.  My buddy's problems
with the 5700 has caused me to swear off even thinking about buying a Coolpix
for the foreseeable future.

Garth