Re: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...

Subject: Re: [OM] Test slides from U.S. Southwest vacation...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:18:37 -0800

And the food? Well, Carlsbad/Alamogordo was uninspiring for the most part, but I ate at a place in Santa Fe called the Old Mexico Grill. Thought I'd died and gone to culinary heaven; Mexican cuisine as high art. Inexpensive, too! And the best damn barbeque I've ever had in my life was at a place called "Cowgirls Bar 'N Grill" in Santa Fe, where the sampler platter (ribs, chicken, brisket and sausage) will leave you stuffed to the gills and yet beggin' for more. ;-) Glad I didn't weigh myself before I went on vacation -- now I just have to fast for a month...

Garth

I loved the Cowgirls Bar & Grill. The vintage cow girl photos on the wall were great. I could even find a couple of really tasty vegetarian items on the menu. Lots of charm even to many of the customers who came "in costume".
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California