[OM] OM-4 and 35-70 f4 bargain

Subject: [OM] OM-4 and 35-70 f4 bargain
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:00:07 +0100
Bargain alert!

A neighbourhood photo shop here in Belgium has for sale a black OM-4 for
167 Euros!  And a 35-70mm (the constant f4 version) for 35 Euros!
That's just about 200 Euros the pair!  AND they give a 4-month guarantee!
I'm very tempted myself for a back-up but I am resisting - but I can't let
it pass without letting the list know.

The lens seems more-or-less perfect (clean, fungus-free, snappy), while the
body is a brassed in the normal places and has missing MD cap, TTL cap and
PC-flash cap, but good non-sticky foam.  (It seems to work fine (2-minute
inspection, fired a few shots in auto and manual at various speeds) but
sorry, I didn't think to try the battery check for >30seconds.)

It's just a small shop, so I don't know what they feel about international
shipping, but they're nice people and can be contacted at +32 3 457 5745
(yes they speak English).

Good fanging,
Jez