[OM] [OT]List of Camera Shows

Subject: [OM] [OT]List of Camera Shows
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:09:17 -0500
Hello All,
<http://www.shutterbug.net/community/shows.cfm> Note:Link might not work
well in all browsers.
I am posting this in response to Bryan Pilati's note that he had a hard
time finding a camera show in his area. This list does not help him out
right now, but I know there are at least three in the Washington
DC/Maryland area in the spring. This is the list of what has been
submitted to Shutterbug. Also check with your local camera clubs.
Sometimes they sponsor one, or know of someone who does one in your
region. I have heard of camera clubs in the US, UK, OZ, and Germany
sponsoring their own swap meets. I'll tell you when I was dealing at the
shows, I often had 10-12 nice OM 1 and 2's on the table and did not sell
but 3 in the 7 shows I did. I had a mint- 50-250/f5 that sat on the
table each time at $150, and never sold- I sold it and almost my whole
inventory to Dennis at Camera's etcetra in September of 2001 because I
could not keep up with the show schedule. I expect Dennis sold it off on
eBay.
 What I an trying to say, is that there are deals at the shows if you
look. I was just trying to move merchandise, and so were the other
dealers. They will sell if you negotiate reasonably with them. They too
are just human, and sometimes ask unreasonable prices even in
negotiation. Do not buy, and maybe the price will come down. That
reminds me of the time I offered a mint 35/2 silver nose to a guy for
$65.00 because I was thrilled someone was asking about Olympus-he asked
me if I would go lower. :(
Regards,
John