[OM] Vivitar S1 18-35 problem

Subject: [OM] Vivitar S1 18-35 problem
From: "Michael R. Collins" <Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:39:44 -0500
A while ago I bought a "used" (but actually new-in-box) Vivitar S1 18-35 at Henry's here in Toronto, and only today got around to opening the box and trying to use it. I wasn't getting any sensible exposure reading on the meter (OM-1 or OM-2n), so I took a close look at the lens mount. To my surprise, there's only one lever on the lens, the one to stop it down. The other, which tells the camera the aperture setting, is entirely missing. There's the usual slot in the mount where the lever would travel, but no sign of any mechanism, nor is there anything rattling around loose inside.

Now - is this a design feature of some third-party lenses [if it is, I don't understand...], or is this one seriously defective? I'm puzzled!

Michael
--

Michael R. Collins  ...  Michael.Collins@xxxxxxxxx
Toronto, Ontario, Canada