Re: [OM] re: OM vacation and the M*miya 7II test!

Subject: Re: [OM] re: OM vacation and the M*miya 7II test!
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:25:12 -0800
At 10:29 PM 11/25/2002 -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:
All in all, unless the quality of the negs are spectacular, I don't think a MF is for me. Lets see how the pics come out.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>

I think you will find them to be spectacular. However, unless you are committed to film you may want to hold off. With some very good photographers on the list saying their 5 and 6 megapixel cams look as good as 35mm(I don't really believe it though) and a 14 megapixel camera out now, I really think that in two years a large 35mm size camera will be available which will have images beginning to challenge medium format film quality.

Oh, I'm sure the negs are spectacular, I was actually referring to the images - e.g. 2 pictures with the cap on (darn rangefinder :-)!) and couple where I couldn't focus well w/ the rangefinders. I also did a few w/ really slow speed just to see if the lack of mirror makes a difference (of course may be offset by the larger lens)

You are right though. The best option may be to hang it there and see what develops (ha ha) in the next year. The SD9 review indicates that while the camera has some flaws, the X3 sensor does live up to the hype. Hmmm... an 4/3 X3 sensor, 6 megapixels x3 effective (18 meg resolution) with small lens. Yum. Yes, I can live with that.