RE: [OM] ( OM ) OT fresh lens-test tables

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OM ) OT fresh lens-test tables
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:32:18 -0800
At 01:31 PM 11/23/2002 +1100, you wrote:

> Just in time, I am renting a Mamiya 7II over the weekend to
> get a feel. One
> question though, the lines per mm is often in the 30s and
> sometimes even in
> the 20s, yet the lens are suppose to be excellent. If we look
> at the tests
> for the Zuikos, they are often at 40s and up.
>
> Does this mean anything? Are MF lens less critical because
> the format is so
> much larger?
>
> p.s. any recommendation for a MF print film?

You might do better to use a transparency film if you really want to
assess the performance, something like E100VS or Velvia.  If the
exposure is out by a few stops you might not even notice this on neg
film unless you have a known good film of the same type to do a direct
comparison.

...Wayne

My goal is to see how much better going to MF would get me. Normally I only shoot 35mm slide and scan them in, but a) I don't have a MF projector, and b) I don't have a MF scanner so I thought I would just print them out.