Re: [OM] OT cars, was 50mm f2 vs 3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] OT cars, was 50mm f2 vs 3.5
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:00:21 -0800
on 11/18/02 11:48 AM, AG Schnozz at agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

 and why do makers of cars, motorbikes and cameras insist on
 making up truly daft names for the US market?  They are doing
 it in this country now (e.g. VW Phaeton, Touareg; Skoda Superb)

 I'm glad the film makers don't do this.  Oh, wait a second:
 VELVIA, PROVIA, ASTIA, REALLA...

 Velvia:  Is that luxurious like Velvet or creamy like Velveeta?

 AG

Perhaps named for the cheesy over-the-top colors...?

<singing>

"Oh, bring back, bring back, bring back my Kodachrome II (--hoo --hoo)"

<tune 'Bring Back my Baby to Me'>
--

Jim Brokaw

Ah, well. Since more people on the list probably prefer Fuji color renditions to Kodak's I guess we should swallow our epithets for the dated retro look of Kodachrome and wonder at our colorless past.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California