[OM] Olympus XA series flash adapter

Subject: [OM] Olympus XA series flash adapter
From: notaris@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:44:51 +0200
Cc: notaris@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello to all!

I was wondering, does anyone know if the flash adapter for the A11 flash of the
XA series of cameras makes sense only with the XA4 camera, or if it is also
useful for the XA, the XA2, etc.? This is usually called "XA4 Macro Flash
Adapter" (I think it first came out when Olympus introduced the XA4 camera),
and supposedly it helps to provide even illumination for close-up macro shots.
Now, if it is really for close-up macro shots ONLY, then maybe it does not make
much sense to use it with the XA camera, which can focus to no closer than
0.85m (instead of the 0.30m of the XA4).

Does anyone know what is the thruth?

Thanks to all.

Sotiris Notaris