RE: [OM] Off topic - yahoo.com - complaint line

Subject: RE: [OM] Off topic - yahoo.com - complaint line
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:46:03 -0700
> John ,,,,,,,, I tried both abuse@xxxxxxxxx and
> spamabuse@xxxxxxxxx and on
> both occasions the addresses were rejected.

 I don't think there's anything you can do about this, for what it's worth.
A lot of spamhauses use Yahoo (or hotmail, etc) because it's so easy to get
a new account, use it to send junk mail, then discard the account -- even if
yahoo did close that mailbox down, it wouldn't stop the spam.

 Also, the chances are pretty good that the mail's not even coming from
yahoo, they're just pretending it is to misdirect complaints..

 That said, from yahoo's page:

If the spam or abusive email is being sent from a Yahoo! Mail account (i.e.
user@xxxxxxxxx), please forward an unedited copy of the following
information to abuse@xxxxxxxxx for us to evaluate and take appropriate
action per our Terms of Service. Make sure to include:

The original subject line

Complete headers -- Email programs often display abbreviated headers. Learn
more about headers.

The complete message body
If your report is missing any one of these items, it may take longer for the
Yahoo! Mail Abuse Team to properly investigate and take appropriate action.