[OM] ( OM ) of bay sales

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) of bay sales
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:34:26 +1300
Hi folks,

I think that presentation of items when selling on +B+y can be all important.

I have just taken delivery of a Zuiko 35-70 f/3.6 that I paid USD33 for. Sold
by
a Monster Pawn shop in Bloomington, Illinois.

It has clear glass, pretty good exterior, stiff zoom but smooth easy focus,
and the focus stays put while you are zooming (and THAT is something). It
came with a nice Vivitar 55mm skylight filter. The major item that is missing
is the zoom ring rubber grip. And of course there's no dedicated lens hood. I
have just started taking a few shots with it so have not put it through its
paces at all.

At the auction, it was shown prominently with a Tamron lens bag, and a
Minolta front cap. The images of the lens itself were rough, to say the least.
It would have been much better to have images of the lens on its own, and to
have ensured they were reasonably good images. Then throw in the bag and
cap as extras.

Despite the words, it looked as though maybe there was something being
hidden or wrong. I decided that the advertiser had just been lazy / careless
and inexpert. The bids were few and low.

So now I have two of these lenses - for a while.

Brian