[OM] ( OM) Camera cases for travel.

Subject: [OM] ( OM) Camera cases for travel.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:36:08 +1300
Hi folks,

About 12 years ago, before I did a round-the-world trip by plane, I set myself
up with a case for camera gear. I used this one on the above trip,and it
worked fine for all over the place, and at that time I was able to take it into
the aircraft cabin as cabin baggage.

It's some kind of composite material with aluminium or similar fittings;
Letholite "Jetline" ABS, measuring 50x38x15 cm (19 1/2 x 15 x 6 inches).

I bought some foam material and cut tailor-made holes to suit 3 OM bodies
(winder on one) short lenses on two. A Zuiko 300/4.5, and a couple of other
smaller tele length Zuikos. QA 310 flash. Many filters (square and round) and
an Ambico filter holder.

I've found it works well, and to my eyes it doesn't shout "steal-me". It looks
more like an old-fashioned brief case (bulky) that some dull un-fashionable
person might have, I think.

I'll take and post photos some time.

I don't know if it fits the current aircraft cabin-carry rules now. Maybe not.

But it's great for automobile use as well.

Brian