[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3704

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3704
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:33:55 -0800

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:09:18 -0800
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [OM] CART CA 500 photographs

There were a few who wanted to see what I got last weekend at the CA 500
CART event. For those curious, here's the link:
http://www.motorsportvisions.com/ca500_02/index.htm

<snip>

MIke,
Man, those photos look awesome, buddy! Beautiful work! Believe me, I can understand the panning challenges! :-) My arm was getting worn out shooting just with the 300 with the 2X-A! Not even close to the beast the 350 is!

Were the trackside panning shots at a straight 350 mm or with your 1.4X flat field convertor? Still shooting Provia 100?

The E10 shots look great, and it looks like you're getting great results out of the new Polaroid 4000.

I've been doing more work with the Minolta Scan Elite II, and getting better and better results wiht it.

Here's a shot of Doug Chandler from the World Superbike races at Laguna last July I found and scanned last night:

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_cat/motorcycles/large/ChandlerT6Crop2.jpg

and one of Eric Bostrom, very very close to dragging his elbow through the tiger teeth at Turn 5!

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_cat/motorcycles//Web
0.000000E+00boz.jpg

Keep up the good work and post here when you get more stuff up!

Regards,
Stephen Scharf

--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!