[OM] Hayward camera show

Subject: [OM] Hayward camera show
From: "William Latham" <artsword@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:59:27 -0800
Hi All

I just got back from the Hayward camera show,  my first, thanks Mike for the
show info.  I expected a small show and it was, but I was surprised at the
dearth of Olympus equipment.  I saw  about a dozen bodies, from OM 1s to a
single OM 4 and  prices seemed high compared to *bay... $175 for a nice OM
1n, $269 for a clean  OM 2.  Lenses were the more common types, 35/2.8,
24/2.8, 200/4 silver nose, lots of 50/1.4.  There was a 21/3.5 at $475,  a
35/2 at $269 and a 35 shift at $5 something (I think).

Also surprising was the lack of Leica equipment, very few M 39 mount and a
handful of M mount cameras (not too badly priced) and no Russian cameras or
lenses (except two lonely Lubitel (sp) for $15).  It makes me wonder if *bay
has skewed my perception of the camera market, with the tons of USSR
equipment- dirt cheap, loads of Leica stuff everyday and an ever changing
choice of Olympus equipment. Today, my *bay sale of a 35/2 did not reach
reserve at $125.  Perhaps this is the "Golden *bay Age" for acquiring this
equipment and we just don't realize it? Or do "they" know something I
don't??

Regards
Bill Latham