Re: [OM] Finally

Subject: Re: [OM] Finally
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:34:42 -0800 (PST)
>Could it be that AG Schnozz is a closet Johnny Benson fan???
>It was great to see another first time winner. Missed the race
>myself since I was at CA Speedway (OM content) shooting the
>CART race.

Hey, I was a J.B. fan before he started in ARCA.  We're from the
same area. Jack Sprague is also from there too.  Jack ran more
dirt early on, where Johnny started running modifieds earlier on
the concrete at Berlin Raceway.

For those who don't know, we're talking about NASCAR drivers
here.  You know, those race cars with fenders that only drive on
dry pavement going around in circles...

Now I live right near the "Sprint Car Capital of the World".
Now that's something that most roadies just wouldn't get. Hmm.
Can you imagine Michael Shumaker's Ferrari with a barn-door
strapped to the rollbar?  Probably would be able to get 12G of
lateral traction, though.

OM content?  Well, Formula-1 cars are about as automated as
today's wonderbricks.  Made out of the same stuff too.  Nascar
cup cars have a lot of "retro" technology in them like
carburators, manual transmitions, lug nuts and analog guages. If
F1 cars are to race cars like the Canon EOS-1V is to cameras,
then NASCAR race cars the the OM-3ti.

NASCAR is a contact sport.  Think Roller-Derby with 800 HP
engines.

AG