[OM] ( OM ) Lens tests - comment

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Lens tests - comment
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 20:17:04 +1300
Hi folks,

As has been obvious, I've been looking at lens tests and lens capability with
more than usual interest during recent months. Spurred on by things done in
conjunction with this group.

During the last week or so I've been looking at lens tests done during the last
3 - 4 years, and two aspects seem apparent; at least for some of the lenses.

(a) Some of the lenses have quite excellent resolution and contrast - much
ahead of lens performance of 15 - 20 years ago.
(b) Some of the lenses actually have their best performance (by these
criteria), wide open or near maximum opening.

Brian