Re: [OM] ( OM ) using long lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) using long lenses
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:28:56 -0800
In a message dated 11/3/2002 Brian Swale writes:

<< I now have enhanced admiration for Bolty and that Indy-car shot he
obtained
with a 400mm lens. >>

As I do too. "Bolty" sent me a shot from the shooting location he was at to
give me an idea where he shot from. My goodness... Truly amazing.

I met up with one of the very best CART photographers at the CA Speedway on
Sunday. He told me that shooting conditions at the Surfer's Paradise street
circuit were miserable.

As far as panning with big lenses goes...my left arm is still sore from the
weekend. The E-10 with TCON-14b (extender for 200mm focal length in the 35mm
world) was too short. The Tamron 80-200 with 1.4X extender just wasn't
"feeling right" so I hefted up the beast and was panning away. I'm guessing
I won't get many keepers, but think/hope there were some.

I'll post more on the trip when I get a bit more time--made some interesting
contacts there.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com