[OM] Re: (OM] ebay bid timing

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM] ebay bid timing
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:25:50 +1300
Hi Ian & co,

Alan House trades a lot and I have bought from him. If you compare the time
of his bid and the closing time of the auction (just ONE second before, so he
absolutely nailed the result), I'd say he's a paid-up subscriber of
Hammersnipe or similar. There are other techniques which involve timing
your computer with an atomic clock and having at  least two windows open
on the bay-site; but they are less certain.

Even the snippet programs have been having problem getting timely access
lately due to congestion/traffic.

Brian