[OM] OT LF first impressions... WOW!

Subject: [OM] OT LF first impressions... WOW!
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 19:10:26 -0800 (PST)
Well after saying I would jump into LF and finally
taking the plunge with a Linhof Kardan Super Color ST
view camera I have finally gotten the first couple of
sheets back from the developer... My jaw dropped to
the ground when I saw the chromes I have gotten out of
this camera. I mean the couple of Polaroids I had
taken last week had been incredible in themselves,
ultra sharp with nary a hint of grain but the
slides... I feel like dancing.

All this with an old 1960's era Schneider Xenar 150mm
lens.

Too bad the scan fairy still has me on her blacklist
or I'd throw them up on the web. How in the world do
you guys put up such good scans without them costing a
fortune for someone else to do it (I tried the cheap
Kodak Photo CD and that was amazingly even worse than
when I try to do it luckily they had a satisfaction
guarantee...) or looking like total crap? I try to
scan and it seems the scanners all know me so the
images all come out wierdly tinted or with such
horrible artifacts and dust I can hardly bear to look
at the mangled digital clone of my images.

I still love my OM system perhaps more than ever for
it's small size and weight, but I am going to have to
prioritize now what shots to take with the OM since
frankly I think almost any eqivalent 4x5 will beat any
35mm by an enormous margin but unfortunatly 4x5 isn't
exactly a whip it out and shoot some pics off kinda
thing.

Mark Lloyd