Re: [OM] home processing

Subject: Re: [OM] home processing
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:17:09 -0400
> Color, especially E6, has an overwhelming requirement, consistency. For
best
> results, every roll you shoot should be processed exactly the same.
Exactly.
> This is VERY difficult. Inconsistent processing will give inconsistent
> densities and color. This is why home E6 is only for the dedicated
hobbyist.
> It simply isn't cheaper or better.

Well, I think you have successfully discouraged me from that pursuit. I've
been getting some scratched slides (no, they're not caused by the camera
because they are not consistent, and sometimes even on an angle), so I was
wondering if I might be able to avoid that. Maybe now I'll have to look at
another lab, but the next nearest one that does E6 is an hour's drive away.
Or better, put in an order to Henry's in Toronto for some Kodachrome 64 -
can't get it local anymore.
Thanks,
Wayne