RE: [OM] ( OM ) Lens part wanted

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OM ) Lens part wanted
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:17:34 -0700
> I'll second the interest in finding a source of this kind of textured
rubber
> material, for use in lens grips, etc. I have other lenses and projects
where
> I could use a source of this kind of stuff. I've never found anything that
> had the right kind of bumps and the right thickness (thin-ness?) to be
> useful...

 A local fabric store has something along these lines -- www.justmakeit.com,
though I don't think the actual product is on their web site; give them a
phone call and ask for the square of knobbly rubber from the notions bins,
they should hopefully know what you're looking for. It's a bit thicker than
the original stuff from lenses, but not so thick that it wouldn't glue into
place, as far as I can tell.

 -- dan