RE: [OM] E6 Home processing

Subject: RE: [OM] E6 Home processing
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
While E6 can be done in normal spiral tanks, there are two three
things conspiring against you:  Agitation, Temperature, and
Dump/Fill Time.

Over/Under Agitation will really screw up a roll of slides.

Temperature has to be dead on.  Using a tray of water and a room
heated/cooled to the same temperature really helps. (My darkroom
is usually right at 68-70 year around)

Filling and dumping chemicals in the spiral tank varies so much
that consistancy is really rough.  You can easily be an entire
minute off in your time, depending on when you start and stop
your cycle.

Most importantly, as I've been told, it's not a good idea to use
the same plastic tanks/reels for both E6 and B&W work.  Haven't
personally verified this, but it sounds credible.

Me?  I'm wanting a nice JOBO processer.

AG-Schnozz