Re: [OM] New member alert! Cool it!!

Subject: Re: [OM] New member alert! Cool it!!
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:26:53 -0400
Yesterday I received the catch from my last fishing expedition in the Bay,
a Tamron 80~200/2.8 in very good condition -- perfect glass.  It's a bit
dusty on the inside, but no more, I suppose, than should be expected for a
zoom of this vintage.  By the way, how much dust is too much dust?

It came from a fellow Oly user in Far Rockaway, NY, who was not one of us.
I invited him to join the List and gave him the address so that he might
subscribe.  I did not, however, tell him about our occasional hissy-fits,
bouts of misbehavior and name-calling, like the PhotoShop imbroglio just
past that bloodied a noggin or two.  So, maybe y'all could try to tone it
down and be civil for a bit, you know, and make nice, like for company?

Oh, what the hell.  Just be your usual cantankerous selves.  He would find
out sooner or later anyway that most of you are not as nice as I am.

If you're here, Tony, you can introduce yourself, or not, as you please.
We've got lots of lurkers who seldom speak, thereby avoiding making
asses/arses of themselves as some do regularly -- this writer excepted, of
course.

Walt