[OM] ( OM ) Lens hoods

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Lens hoods
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:42:29 +1300
Hi people

The Zuiko 100mm f/2 has a built-in lens-hood. One of those sliding straight-
tubular affairs.

In my opinion, it is so short that it possibly doesn't do a lot of good - or
rather, maybe should do better.

If you consider the hood for the 35-79/3.6, at 70mm focal length this hood is
distinctly longer than the 100/2 hood. But it won't fit the 100.

Is there a screw-in hood of 55mm diameter, or a clamp-on hood of 61.3mm
(less than 62mm) that would do a decent job?

On another vein, isn't the internet wonderful? I just took delivery of a LNIB
(but no box) lens hood for my 35~105, to replace my original one that is now
faulty. I found it while checking many sites for OM content. It came from
Devon, UK (Devon Cameras) nearly as far away on earth as it is possible to
get from here.

Brian