[OM] Yellowjackets and other things

Subject: [OM] Yellowjackets and other things
From: Dick Locke <rlocke1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:42:37 -0500
All,

This is Dick Locke. I've been away from the list for several months while trying to find a new job. I'm now back working and have started to read the digest again.

I've been doing a lot of macro work lately. Some pretty cool stuff in my yard and my neighbor's yard, actually. [Mostly with N*k*n equipment, sorry! I tried some macro work with my Oly C-4040 digital, but had no luck with autofocus and didn't have the patience to try manual focus as I was doing handheld with flash... So there's some Olympus content!]

Some items:
1) Eckerds (local one hour drugstore) ruined two rolls of my print film Sunday. Negs came out black, something about a malfunctioning thermal sensor. One roll of macro and one roll of church event picture. First time it's happened, and it was very disappointing. There's a local semi-pro lab I usually use, but I wanted to turn the stuff around quickly. Draw your own conclusions, but I'm going to stick with the good lab from now on. 2) I missed whatever started the yellowjacket discussion, can someone give me the link? 3) I have some sort of wasp as the second photo on my "bee" page, anyone know what it is?
http://home.houston.rr.com/dtlocke/closeup-09-02-bee.htm
4)

Regards,

-Dick Locke
p.s. Tom Scales, I saw you lost your job, sorry to hear that. IT is tough these days.