Re: [OM] flying activity

Subject: Re: [OM] flying activity
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:10:06 +0100
Cc: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I expect, John, that the tactical transports, helicopter and
fixed-wing, are practising their night stuff in case of the need to
move quickly for deployment on operations.  For "tactical" at night
you can normally read Special Forces.  I don't know about 6 motors
though; perhaps the new C130J, with its curved props looks like that,
or if it was daytime, perhaps you are seeing Heavy Lift's old Belfast
transports.  I can't think of any aircraft with 6 engines offhand -
Julian's point about external fuel tanks on the Hercules is valid.

OM content: has anyone tried using IR film for night aircraft photography?

Chris