[OM] where is the science in this?

Subject: [OM] where is the science in this?
From: "Grigorov, Boris" <BGrigorov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:23:24 -0400
I was looking at the most useless textbook I have ever seen and
contemplating if there was a reason for me to go back to school.  There are
so many photographic opportunities available just around the corner of the
house and no time...the camera without batteries sits at my desk.
I picked it up and made a very unscientific observation:
I was holding the camera in my hands and suddenly cocked the shutter and
then pressed the button.  Then I did the same with the mirror locked in up
position.  It was amazing, to my senses, it felt that there is less
vibration if the mirror is down and moving.  It felt like the vibration it
introduces was contained within the camera and absorbed by its inner
workings.  On the other hand, when the mirror was locked up, the feeling was
definitely that of as if it were trying to move (the camera).
Note that I used words like "feel" and "sense" to describe what I observed.
Anyone has an explanation to this?
Boris
P.S. The camera was OM1 and the lens 50/1.8.

]Boris Grigorov
]
]Avionics Integration Engineer
]UH-60M Black Hawk