RE: [OM] Virus Warning

Subject: RE: [OM] Virus Warning
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:14:29 -0700
You've been hoaxed. See here:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99436.htm

---
Scott Gomez

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Dougherty [mailto:davdou@xxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: [OM] Virus Warning

Dear Contacts
I am sending this to you because I found a virus on my computer.(called
jdbgmgr.exe) It was passed to mine through another contacts address book.
The virus sits dormant for 14 days before damaging your systems.  It is sent
automatically by messenger and by the address book, whether or not you send
e-mails to your contacts.  It is not detected by Norton or McAfree
anti-virus systems.  Here is how to check for the virus and how to get rid
of it.

<bogus removal instructions snipped>