RE: [OM] Which slide viewers are good? Sad story followed by a plea

Subject: RE: [OM] Which slide viewers are good? Sad story followed by a plea
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:30:45 -0400
For quick stuff, I use a little 4x5 Cabin flat transparancy illuminator and
either a 6x Maxwell or 4x Schneider Loupe.  I never found any of the slide
viewers worth fooling with.  The color was always too yellow and the optics
so-so.  The Cabin and other flat-panels are color corrected, so you see
your transparancy via the correct color temperature light.  The Cabin's
come in 8x10 and larger models.

Unfortunately, none of these are cheap, but IMO you should evaluate your
work using good equipment.  Otherwise, why did you buy the great lenses in
the first place?

Skip