RE: [OM][OT] Another summer gone

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Another summer gone
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:42:50 -0600
At 08:44 AM 10/14/2002 -0700, Jim Timpe wrote:
>GARTH...  Morraine Lake...   Peyto Lake....  Oh, the memories...   Athabasca
>Falls...
>
>I live about two hours from Mt. Rainier and haven't been up to the lodge at
>Paradise in about 20 years.
>
>I think we all suffer from a similar malady.

Yep.  Drove through Jasper this year on a car trip to Vancouver to see my
wife's cousins, but didn't even stop long enough for gas (not that one would
actually *want* to pay gas prices in Jasper anyways...  :-) ).  And on the
return trip, went through Washington's Cascades, the interior of Washington, up
through Idaho, southeastern British Columbia, and then up the Front Ranges to
Calgary (and then boring old Highway 2 back to Edmonton).

Did I take any photos of all this fabulous scenery?  Not a one.  Partially I'm
always inhibited when my wife's with me (she gets bored while I'm scrabbling
around for a good photo opportunity), and partially we were trying to make good
time.  Seems to be the way, doesn't it?

Last summer's trip down into southern Alberta was five days of go where I want,
shoot what I want, stop when I want.  It was heaven.  Might never get the
chance to do that again...

Garth